Yesterday we began this discussion of what it means to live a truly authentic life.
I shared the firsts steps in a 15-day study and exercise I underwent which led me to an interesting answer. What was the question? Glad you asked. It was me asking myself, am I truly living an authentic life?
And for the first time I can without a doubt say- yes!
For review here are the first 8 concepts I shared:
1. Let your inner light be your guide
2. Be your highest self.
3. Let go of habits, routines and people that no longer serve you.
4. Speak your truth.
5. Open your mind.
6. Free your heart.
7. Learn to trust intuition
8. Unchain your spirit.
Now it’s time to look at the next steps.
9. Dive into your strength. You were intended to be joyful, successful and confident. You’re only limited by your own thoughts. Create a shift in your thinking; empower yourself to live the life you want. Ask for ( and receive) the support of your higher power.
Can we get another Amen! Here? I ask ceaselessly and it is granted.
10. Recognize connections.. There is an invisible web of connection between people, events and even the places in your life. This is how the Universe nudges and guides you towards your destiny.
I know and have given testimony many times, in many ways as to how I have been led throughout my life. I only ask that it continues and truly it is.
11. You are of greatest Service when you are happy and healthy. You can not take care of others if you are not taking care of yourself. Your life is sacred. It is your primary responsibility to care for yourself allowing your capacity for loving and nurturing of others to be strengthened,
Another one that took far too long for me to get right. I had less all that shame and guilt rule, causing me to falsely believe I was being selfish if I said “NO!” or felt I should take care of myself before others. I have forgiven myself now for accepting those lies and for letting down others sound me, as they were dragged into my fear. I work daily to keep from going back to these erroneous beliefs and repair any harms I may have caused family, friends or associates, because I did not take proper responsibility for myself.
12. Choose love. Love does indeed make the world go round. Reject Fear. All positive emotions come from love. All negative emotions from fear. Fear fosters anger, hate, anxiety and guilt. When we’re in a place of love, we cannot be in a place of fear.
We are co-creating this life. So I made the choice. I chose love over fear. Love over hate, Love over shame.Lucky Brand Silver-Tone and Faux Turquoise Hoop Earrings
13. Live courageously. What would you do if you were not afraid? Take risks. Step out of your comfort zone. Be open to new experiences.
Now by taking risks I’m not talking about jumping out of helicopters (though I have), I’m not talking about putting yourself in danger ( though I have) , nor am I suggesting ignoring valid facts and putting yourself deep in a whole ( though I have). I’m talking about trying something new. Maybe it’s making a decision. Like stepping outside of your self imposed box. What happens when you make a decision, it either works or it doesn’t. Go ahead I dare you to, just like I did myself!
14. Be grateful. See the good in everything and everyone. Cherish beauty, kindness, love, and joy.
I believe everyday should be Thanksgiving. I am constantly giving gratitude for all things including the lessons we sometimes think we didn’t want. Praise and thank you go a long way towards healing and authenticity.
15. Celebrate Life. Live it. Feel it. Be it. Honor yourself by living every day to the fullest.
That is what I am “Becoming”. A liver of life. A lover of life. Every moment of every day I am grateful that I have been granted the abilities, understanding and gifts to live a truly authentic life.
It was only through conquering my fears and doubts, accepting help and challenges plus surrendering all that I could that I realized I am now and will continue to by living my truly authentic life. It’s all part of “Becoming” and has delivered me to a place where I can finally honestly, boldly proclaim:
“I love Life. I love the Lord. I love myself”.
That is my mantra for this year of 20/20+1. What’s yours?
So again I’ll invite you to actively or passively get involved. Take action in your thoughts to motivate your progress. Impress it in your spirit. Not quite ready yet? Well keep coming back for the encouragement you may need.
So let’s commit to “Becoming Today”, together. Throughout 20/20 + 1, I’ll be posting conversations six days a week, Monday through Saturday, so that we may share, learn and assist one another. I welcome your comments below or emails from the Contact page.