Much of what we’ve been discussing this past week, and well all month long so far, has had to do with freedom.
So let’s extend that spirit as I’ll freely express some somewhat random thoughts on this edition of “Becoming Today”.
Today on this free form Friday, some really random thoughts, quotes, verses and ideas. Things that have been on my mind, looking to be expressed.
- The beginning is exciting. The end is rewarding. The middle can be messy…
- In Joshua 1:7 , I’ve been reminded of this, “Be strong and very courageous… do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go”.
- You can amaze yourself by doing. It is our thinking that defeats us…
- We must be determined to stand up against opposing forces in our lives. No matter what battle you are facing, declare victory and remain steadfast.
- You can do “it”. Whatever that “it” may be for you. Not because you are better than anyone else. Not because you are entitled. Rather because God gives you the faith to achieve any and all things in accord with His purpose and plan for you.
- Miracles happen when you open up and say yes to life.
- Never doubt you. You are a creation of Divine Love. Do your best and remain grateful.
- Invest in your life. Release baggage. Concentrate on the essentials.. Remain at peace, hopeful, positive and believing in miracles.
- Experience is aiding our becoming. Allowing for us to develop and continue learning.
- From the N L T version of Phillipians 4:8, “… Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise”.
- You do not need to see how. All you need to do is believe.
- “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking.” – Steve Jobs
- “Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.” — Seneca
- “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “Life is never easy. There is work to be done and obligations to be met – obligations to truth, to justice, and to liberty.” — John F. Kennedy
- “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” — Albert Einstein
- We are only responsible and can only be held accountable for our own thoughts, emotions, decisions and resulting actions. The consequences of the choices of others ultimately are not ours. Becoming one’s emotional caretaker is not healthy for either person when it is based upon a false belief that you can control their pain.
- God has the solution you need, even before you knew there was a need or perceived a problem. When you accept this as the Truth and allow yourself to receive His promise, God will show up with the answers. When? Soon. Suddenly…… Now!
- The idea of learning to become content in the moment is not new, though some might say it is born of a revolutionary spirit. As centuries ago it was given light in the writings and experiences of the Apostle Paul.
In the Scriptures conceived while Paul was imprisoned for his beliefs, he shares in Philippians 4:11-13, how he overcame lack, hunger and so much more by the realization that he ‘can do all things through Christ who strengthens me’.
- Everyday it seems we hear about increases in prices and how the value of this and that continues to reach record highs. But what about you? Is your value increasing? Are you taking steps to ensure that it is or are you allowing yourself to be devalued by others?
- Believe it. Receive it. You are changing everyday. You are Becoming Today.
And let’s end today with a blessing to share. As it written in Numbers 6:24-26:
“The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace”.
Have a blessed day and join us tomorrow for another edition of “Becoming Today”.
One thought on “Friday Freedom”